In the automotive sector there is a long history of M2M, mainly in the vehicle tracking and fleet management segments, which provides a large number of opportunities for replacing existing GSM or satellite solutions to reduce power consumption and costs. The automotive sector represents one of the greatest opportunities for machine-to-machine with a dedicated IoT focus on vehicle management and safety. There are numerous vehicle-related applications that would benefit from being connected. Today the market is dominated by security and tracking applications where car theft is high.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
Multimedia has entered the market in high-end vehicles but this trend will change, extending the scope to all segments. Vehicles are equipped with dozens of computers that could benefit from being independently connected to the WAVIoT network to transmit their status directly to the manufacturers. This information would help manufacturers in developing new services or making their products more reliable. For all vehicle accessories (such as tires, gasoline or brake pads), WAVIoT offers an important opportunity to create a direct interface between accessory manufacturers and customers.
Why NB-Fi is the best for IoT Automotive
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area automotive applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Related IoT applications
- Worried well remote monitoring
- First responder connectivity
- Connected medical environments
- Clinical remote monitoring
- Clinical trials
- Assisted living
- Worried well personal monitoring