Water, electricity & gas are critical resources and securing correct supply is thus a main focus for all nations. A big driver within the Utilities sector is regulatory push to for instance install smart meters and ensuring an adequate supply, which includes avoiding leaks and managing spikes in demand.
Avoiding energy theft, providing feedback to consumers and repair crews, lowering public safety risks, avoiding leaks & enhancing financial control are some of the major stakes within the Energy & Utilities sectors, which remotely connected solutions can help address.
Government green initiatives are pushing adoption, but there are some major hurdles WAVIoT Technology will help to overcome. The logistical challenges of deploying hundreds of millions of smart meters are massive.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
WAVIoT can help to create the network for automatic and remote meters reading transmission.
Why NB-Fi is the best for Community Facilities
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area utility applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.