The construction industry, despite its fragmentation, is ideal for the adoption of wireless productivity solutions. Personnel and assets are rarely in one place for a long period. Suppliers must coordinate and deliver to various locations at various times. Changes require instant communication and coordination in the field, however, like in other industries, cost is often a barrier to technology adoption.
Construction firms have been early adopters of wireless technologies, and remote communications are challenging for locations outside cellular coverage.
Some of the key opportunities for growth in M2M solutions include asset management tools to monitor equipment and machines remotely without having to purchase, deploy and operate site-specific network infrastructures. Machine usage monitoring provides the required visibility in order for machine management services, such as rental services, to bill for exact usage instead of having to “guesstimate” the usage time in hours. Securing construction sites requires a secure alarm communication that cannot easily be blocked by low-cost jammers or by cutting the communication cables. WAVIoT provides an extra level of security for very low energy consumption and a very low cost.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
Autonomous and low-cost WAVIoT modems provide WAVIoT connectivity for sensors with mechanical constraints specific to the construction sector. Some of the possible use cases in this industry are: Construction site theft and fire supervision, worker protection, real-time building monitoring, optimized fleet management thanks to data on asset location.
Why NB-Fi is the best for IoT Construction
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area construction applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.