Environmental monitoring WAVIoT applications typically utilize sensors to assist in environmental protection by monitoring air or water quality, atmospheric or soil conditions, and can even include areas like monitoring the movements of wildlife and their habitats.
In environmental monitoring, WAVIoT-connected sensors can aid in measuring emissions from factories, detect forest fires or measure the level and quality of river water.
Development of resource constrained devices connected to the Internet also means that other applications like earthquake or tsunami early-warning systems can also be used by emergency services to provide more effective aid. WAVIoT-based devices in this application typically span a large geographic area and can also be mobile.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
Why NB-Fi is the best for Environmental Monitoring
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area environmental monitoring applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.