Manufacturers start integration of wireless solutions for industrial systems and remote sensing. Wireless technologies benefits allow to replace retrofit wired systems and get more stability and cost-efficiency. Such upgrade is an important issue for manufacturing facilities, factories, oil and gas plants etc.
LPWAN for industrial M2M applications
WAVIoT designed NB-Fi is he low-power wide-area wireless technology ideally suits to real-time sensor monitoring and remote facility control. One of the significant NB-Fi benefit – is a really long-range connectivity allowing to send a signal over 50 kilometers.
Connect entire facility with one gateway for autonomous IoT network.
WAVIoT gateway wirelessly connects a different type of battery powered sensors to the cloud, providing over-the-web monitoring of pressure sensors, tank gauges, flow and kWh meters etc. With a bidirectional full-duplex connectivity, the industrial system can get remote control features wich allows to shut it down in a case of danger or malfunctioning. Such type of cost-effective connectivity helps to improve the safety and production process efficiency.
WAVIoT infrastructure can be used as standalone monitoring system with its IoT Cloud platform or alongside the existing 3rd party SCADA or AMI platforms and applications through the NB-Fi opened API. Cloud-hosted IoT storage aggregates modem and sensor data allowing operators to recognize trends and abnormal behavior of the system under control.
Wireless sensors for existing systems
Nowadays, manufacturers have realized that wireless sensor systems can decrease maintenance and operational costs, improve safety and allow to control remote assets. WAVIoT offers to bring LPWAN connectivity to any traditional meters or sensors cost effectively.
- Ready to go upgrade program for existing traditional meters of sensors.
- WAVIoT platform for IoT applications utilizing LPWAN connectivity.
- WAVIoT chipset with integrated TRX and MCU.
- Complete reference designs with tried-and-true configuration.
- Bill of materials and guidelines for the benefit of traditional manufacturers which makes integration process run smoothly.
Cloud monitoring solution
Easy to go monitoring solution is a perfect complement to the existing SCADA and AMI systems.
- Optimized for wide-area, remote and distributed environment.
- General view of the distributed sensors from a single interface, accessible from any browser of mobile.
- Deep trending analysis and anomaly detection.
- Real-time alerts via the dashboard, SMS, email, messengers like Telegram etc.
Why NB-Fi is the best for industrial monitoring
NB-Fi is the wireless technology optimized for the reliability in a harsh remote environment. Industrial sensors with small data size needed for transmission, the long-range requirements and small power budget available is ideal to be connected with NB-Fi.
- Low cost for sensor integration and whole real-time monitoring system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10 years.
- Bidirectional full-duplex connectivity allows to control devices and entire systems remotely.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems, SCADA via open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Equipment for industrial monitoring
The base station designed for rolling-out long-range IoT network in the urban and rural environment. Featured with whip antenna and full-duplex connectivity for bi-directional communication. Covering 800 sq. km area and aggregating the data from 2 000 000 smart devices and sensors. Read more