Connected street lights can be remotely controlled by the per-preprogrammed schedule. Such connection also gives real-time alerts in case of lighting problem and black-out. This improves public safety by lowering time for fast repair and proper maintenance.
WAVIoT technology for street lighting
WAVIoT integrates radiomodules into streetlight housings and has jointly bid on several large municipal lighting RFPs. WAVIoT solution allows tens of thousands of streetlights to be connected directly to a small set of transceiver base stations. Certain lights can be designated as repeaters to ensure 100% network coverage with a very little additional infrastructure investment. The WAVIoT open data structure allows existing streetlight management applications to be seamlessly integrated. Installing a WAVIoT network for streetlight management has direct co-benefits with its excess network capacity; municipalities can also add other services, like parking, metering, or logistics over time, with no additional wireless investment.
Intelligent street lighting is more economic and human-friendly.
WAVIoT NB-Fi city-wide LPWAN network provides proven IoT connectivity to manufacturers of street light controllers and other smart city devices.
Smart lighting solution
WAVIoT offers fast and simple lights upgrade process with custom IoT solution development program. Integration of the NB-Fi radiomodules would not make the lights price higher but will add advanced IoT features.
Integrated lights will be able to send a real-time data on lighting status and parameters. Wireless signal processing and data handling are performed by the base station. Information collected transmits to the main server where it can be utilized for real-time monitoring and management. Remote street lights control are performed from the Cloud Platform.
LED lights with IoT radiomodule
Integrated WAVIoT radio module or modems bring the long-range connectivity to LED street lights with high scalability and coverage.
- Low-cost integration with LED controllers.
- 16+ km of range in a harsh urban environment and 50+ km in open country.
- More than 2 000 000 LED controllers can be handled by the high-capacity gateway.
- Full-duplex NB-Fi connectivity allows to receive information from street lights in real-time and control the lighting remotely.
Smart lighting application
- Automatic failure identification, alarms and reports.
- Remote control and switch on and off schedule.
- Real-time monitoring of lamp status, voltage, power, current.
- Data aggregation and drill-down analysis.
- Complex configurable alarm rules to notify users for significant issues.
- Multiple types of objects: street lights, sensors, smart meters, IoT devices etc.
Why NB-Fi is perfect for smart street lighting
An urban area is unfriendly to the RF communication and use of mesh is expensive on the large scale of the city area. Lights are everywhere and the connecting technology must be robust, wide-area and cost effective.
- Low cost for radiomodules integration with LED street lights gives a high ROI on a large-scale project with wireless connectivity.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single base station is more than 2 000 000 street light controllers allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 16+ km in urban and 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a deep network reach.
- Robustness. Star topology with no mesh. Outdoor hardware support.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Equipment for smart street lighting
Universal WAVIoT Modem with a serial interface designed for integration with devices and controllers delivering long-range connectivity for IoT purposes, smart grids, lighting control, remote metering and a dozen of other smart applications. The modem featured with external feed option. Read more
The base station designed for rolling-out long-range IoT network in the urban and rural environment. Featured with whip antenna and full-duplex connectivity for bi-directional communication. Covering 800 sq. km area and aggregating the data from 2 000 000 smart devices and sensors. Read more